HAROLD HUNTER WEEKEND XIV
The Harold Hunter Foundation (HHF), in association with Presenting Sponsor DC Shoes, and Supporting Sponsors Element Skateboards, HUF, Red Bull, Zumiez, and The Skinny Bar & Lounge, is proud to announce it will host a series of skateboarding events in New York City from Thursday, September 9th through Sunday, September 12th – all in remembrance of legendary skateboarder Harold Hunter who passed away in 2006.
Each year, Harold Hunter Weekend is one of NYC’s largest and most highly anticipated skateboarding events. Last year, due to the pandemic, Harold Hunter Weekend was cancelled. This year’s Fourteenth Annual Harold Hunter Weekend will feature a series of special events that celebrate everything Harold loved most – skateboarding, art, music, friends, family, and New York City.
“DC Shoes is proud to support the Harold Hunter Foundation. Harold was a massive part of New York City’s rich skateboarding history and the work HHF does in his memory is truly incredible,” says DC Shoes North America Marketing Manager Eric Fischer. “After being separated by the pandemic, we’re looking forward to seeing the next generation harness his energy and come together for this year’s event.”
As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit grassroots organization, the Harold Hunter Foundation relies on financial backing from the community to provide a network of support, opportunity, and advocacy for NYC youth so they can reach their full potential as skateboarders and young adults. HHF believes skateboarding has the power to transform lives.
Following is an overview of Harold Hunter Weekend XIV events and collaborations that will benefit the Harold Hunter Foundation:
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9:
- Skateboarding jam and panel discussion hosted by Element Skateboards at Brooklyn’s Substance Skatepark
- DC Shoes vs. Max Fish charity pool tournament supporting HHF (Private Event)
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10:
- LES Skatepark clean-up hosted by HHF, Pablo Ramirez Foundation, Brooklyn Skate Garden, and Bronx Girls Skate
- Shred for Wilkie presented by DC Shoes and NJ Skateshop at Ann Van Skatepark in New Jersey; BBQ, giveaways, live music, best trick contest, and DC team riders in attendance
-HHF x Element Skateboards Twin Towers tribute deck launch and silent auction featuring photographer Charlie Samuels at Roosevelt Island’s Graduate Hotel (21+)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11:
- The Boardr Open presented by DC Shoes featuring the HHF Wildcard Contest at LES Skatepark
- Open to 20 local skaters, the winner of the HHF Wildcard Contest will receive $500 towards travel expenses to compete in November’s Miami Open skate contest
- To register for the HHF Wildcard Contest and apply to receive financial support paying all or part of the $100 registration fee, please click here
- Female skate jam at Golconda/Fat Kid Skatepark in Brooklyn
- Gunars Elmuts photo exhibit presented by DC Shoes at SoHo Playhouse with a live performance by DJ Large Professor (21+)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12:
- Harold Hunter Day XIV Skate Jam presented by DC Shoes at LES Skatepark
- All-ages skate jam featuring best trick contests with cash and prizes, live music, and a massive product toss with free decks, t-shirts, hats, and more
Additionally, to coincide with HH Weekend, for the sixth consecutive year a limited edition HHF x HUF product capsule featuring a co-branded t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, and socks will be released with proceeds benefitting the Harold Hunter Foundation. On September 9th the collection will be available at HUF stores, HUF online, and select retailers worldwide.
If you knew Harold, then you know he loved a good meal. Throughout September, longtime HHF restaurant partner Sweet Chick will once again offer a Harold-inspired dish with 100% of profits benefitting the foundation. Available at all five Sweet Chick locations in New York and Los Angeles, the “Harold Special” features Boonkie Drumsticks & Sweet Corn Waffle, $17 (named after Harold’s beloved dog, Boonkie), paired with Harold’s Lemonade, $12 (fresh-squeezed lemonade mixed with Harold’s whiskey of choice, Jack Daniel’s).
Last but certainly not least, for the entire month of September, The Skinny Bar & Lounge in Manhattan’s Lower East Side will donate $1 per drink sold – $5 per Jack & Coke – to the Harold Hunter Foundation. So, stop by for a cold drink and support HHF in the process.
*Note: Indoor events require proof of vaccination or negative Covid test within 72-hours to enter.
Comments are closed.
Harold Hunter Foundation
The Harold Hunter Foundation (HHF) is a grassroots, community-based organization that provides support, opportunity, and advocacy for skateboarders in NYC and beyond.